Pages

Sunday 20 March 2011

WIP Orc part 2 or 3

Finally got the time (inbetween sickness) to update this and write out my 'how-to'.

Boots and Straps: the were flat Bestial brown to begin with, I washed them Devlan Mud then painted the Bestial brown back in leaving dark areas at the edges and in nooks and cracks, then I highlighted the raised areas 50/50 Bestal Brown/Bleached Bone. Done.
 Purple: After the 50/50 Liech Purple/Chaos Black mix, I painted Liech Purple again leaving the darker colour in recessed areas, next came 50/50 Liech Purple/Skull White followed by a further highlight 25/75 Liech Purple/Skull White. Done.
Lastly is the White: I started by painting 50/50 Skull White/Codex Grey then again leaving dark areas painted 75/25 of the same colors and highlighted with the last mix with even more Skull White in. Finally I touched the very edges of the armour and white spikes in pure Skull White.


Since this Photo I've redone the base rim so that it's black with a grey band around the middle (pics to come,  I just need to number him #88, after the year he was made.


I'm really happy with the way he turned out and hope whoever wins him (and the rest of the team) is as chuffed with him as me!! As an Orc lineman I fully expect him to never earn any skills and be cut from the team after 3 or 4 games to make room for a Goblin or a Troll. You have a lot to live up to Little Dude!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment